MELTS for Excel
MELTS for Excel is a macro-enabled Microsoft Excel workbook that provides a graphical user interface to set up, run, retrieve, and display calculations made with MELTS. The published paper is available here:
Gualda G.A.R., Ghiorso M.S. (2015) MELTS_Excel: A Microsoft Excel-based MELTS interface for research and teaching of magma properties and evolution. Geochemistry, Geophysics, Geosystems 16(1), 315-324
Before downloading MELTS for Excel, be aware of the following:
- The workbook runs only under versions 2010 or 2013 of Excel for Windows.
- Workbook calculations require an Internet connection.
- Only the rhyolite-MELTS model (v. 1.0.x) is implemented.
- Only equilibrium crystallization calculations can be performed.
- Fractionation and assimilation calculations are not implemented; isochoric, isenthalpic and isentropic constraints are not implemented.
- A manual and examples of use are included in the paper referenced above.